We are Paws & Claws
Where to purchase tickets:
Companion Animal Hospital, Animal Health Center of Melville, Kamsack Vet Clinic, Preeceville Vet Clinic, Happy Hounds Kennels or from any Paws & Claws Foster or Board Member
PAWS & CLAWS Animal Rescue Inc. is a non-profit organization comprised solely of dedicated and experienced volunteers. Our group of volunteers have joined together to help rescue, provide medical care, rehabilitate and re-home abused, abandoned, and homeless animals.
PAWS & CLAWS is funded in part by donations and in part through adoption fees. These donations and adoption fees are used to cover some of the costs such as the food and veterinary care our rescued animals require.
All animals that come through PAWS & CLAWS are examined by our veterinarians prior to adoption. Animals are placed in temporary foster care, which allows PAWS & CLAWS time to assess each animal’s individual needs. It also allows the animal time to adapt to their new environment and receive any attention they require, such as training and socializing. With this, PAWS & CLAWS is able to re-home the animal ensuring the best match for both the animal and their human companion.
Our MISSION is to RESCUE. Our DREAM is that one day, we’ll no longer have to.
PAWS & CLAWS is dedicated to effecting positive change in the communities we serve, regarding the proper care and welfare of all animals, Including those that are homeless, abandoned or rescued from abuse.
- To rescue animals from situations that are abusive, endangering or neglectful.
- To rescue animals in danger of being euthanized at area shelters/pounds.
- To assist owners willing to keep their dogs, until new homes can be found through the Organization’s Owner Surrender Program, as an alternate to placing their dog in a public shelter or animal control facility.
- To provide necessary veterinary care.
- To provide homes for these animals.
- To place rescued animals into permanent adoptive homes.
- To educate and promote the importance of spaying/neutering companion animals.
- To educate the public on how to help prevent animal cruelty.
- Most people want to help animals and don’t want to see them suffer or be needlessly killed.
- Animals will be euthanized only in the case of illness or injury from which they cannot recover.
- Every animal and person associated with PAWS & CLAWS is an individual being with a personality and feelings, with worth and value. As such, they will be treated with respect and care in a non-judgemental, safe environment.
- In sterilization, community education, and Trap/Neuter/Release as the key and proven methods to stop euthanasia as a means of population control for companion animals.
- In partnering and collaborating with any other organization that can benefit these animals and saves lives.
We just adopted our new cat from [you] and we all fell in love with her in seconds. I appreciate what you guys do. People don’t realize how big of an issue unfixed cats are, or how quickly they populate. You’re saving many kitties by taking them in and fixing them and finding them their forever homes. Our Cher (now Tippy) will be forever loved, and we thank you for caring for her!
Excellent rescue. Keep up the great work that you provide for those animals that need care, love and a second chance to have a forever home with families that will love and take good care them.
Compassionate, wonderful people. Found a very large puppy by the highway and didn’t know what to do with him. [You] found him a foster home. I feel he is in the best hands ever! Thank You!